Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Mini quilts for sale.

Baby quilt for a special girl
I have been having so much fun making tiny quilts lately for our school fete and to give to friends that I have decided to make some to sell. I've also been making table runners for friends which has been great, as I've enjoyed the change from bright child type prints to something more grown up, like Kaffe Fassett fabric. I still have my little rainbow obsession (as my almost 10 year old daughter calls it) but the beauty of quilting is the endless possibilities of colour combinations. Here are some of my quilts. If you like the look of one, or have something different in mind, let me know, and I'll whip one up for you.


baby quilt for my nephew (with a seafaring daddy)

stars and stripes toy quilt

Kaffe Fassett table runner (wrapped in cellophane)

Rainbow mini quilt (toy size)



Helen's garden lap quilt

I also received my first stippling foot for my birthday in September so am excited to be able to start doing more complex quilting designs. It's been so freeing to move away from quilting straight lines and "in the ditch" and start doing curves and squiggles. Who would have thought cutting up pieces of fabric and stitching them back together could bring such an endorphin hit.

So...the upshot of all this is that I will soon hopefully have some mini quilts for sale and am happy to take orders. The little dolly sized quilts and table runners will be $20 and I haven't yet decided on a price for the larger cot sized quilts which are lovely on the floor for babies to lie and sit on. Perhaps around the $60 to $80 mark. I might get organised with an ebay or etsy shop down the track but for now, if you are interested, just contact me by leaving a comment.


rainbow tablemat
Many of these photos of quilts I have made  have appeared on my blog before but here are some of my favourites together in the one post.

The quilts are made with 100 percent cotton fabric and are machine pieced and quilted. The binding is sewn on by machine and then stitched around the back by hand.

I hope there is someone out there who needs a little quilt for a child, a dolly or a teddy.    Or a tablemat for a friend's table.       



baby quilt showing backing fabric

Baby quilt featuring Beatrix Potter fabric

baby quilt showing size
table runner (Kaffe Fassett fabric)

dolly quilt

boy's rainbow baby quilt

No comments: