Monday, November 23, 2009

A parcel from Florida

Here is a photo of the lovely box of goodies that winged its way from Florida to Queensland in Australia courtesy of the generous Tammie. After sitting for a week or so in the local Post Office after I mistakenly threw away the notice from Australia Post with the junk mail, it was waiting patiently for me when I had the bright idea of checking to see if it was there. Getting a letter or card in the mail is always a joy. I am maybe from the last generation who grew up without email and so wrote thank you letters, letters to friends, and love letters that went in the mail with a stamp. I've got a bit of a mail fetish actually and once, in Sydney on my own, spent an hour or so looking through the postal museum (I'm not sure what its official name is). Anyway, the only thing better than a letter is a parcel and one from another country is so exciting. Have a look at what was inside.....(there were also an assortment of little packets of exotic (to us) lollies but of course, they have all vanished).


When I saw this beautiful bundle of fabric from Tammie, some of which I recognise from her various sewing endeavours, and some of my all time favourite rosebud material, I literally got tears in my eyes. There's something so lovely about friends passing on loved pieces of fabric to take on a new life with someone else.

There was also this gorgeous little bag that Tammie made. I'm so impressed. And I don't know if she somehow made the button, because it seems to magically match the fabric. I'm not sharing this one with the girls, but keeping it for myself to keep something nice in. (I'm not sure what yet).
So thanks again, Tammie for my box of treasures from Florida.

2 comments:

Beck said...

What a lovely package, how sweet of Tammy. I love her blog too, she's not only kind but hilarious! I wonder what you will do with your haul..have fun thinking about it! xo ps I love mail too. In the olden days (when I was young) we had pen friends! My first crush was on one from Belgium. Oh, Walter Duerinck, I still love you xo

Anonymous said...

im so glad you like everything.

i didnt make the button, i just had it laying around and i was stunned at how well it matched. just got a little lucky i guess. :)