Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Ready for Grade 1





Well...my big girl is all ready for Grade 1. This year she gets to wear the real school uniform which is much nicer than last year's prep uniform - a bottle green skirt and yucky synthetic yellow polo shirt. E. was so excited when we bought her uniform she had to wear it all day - even though it was unwashed and starchy. The new matching scrunchies went into her hair and soon she was posing with a hydrangea posy from the garden. It amazes me how unselfconscious 6 year olds can be - no hesitation about primping and admiring oneself in the mirror or showing off for an audience. I guess she'll acquire some decorum at some stage.
I am probably boring my readers (all five of you!) senseless with endless photos and ramblings of my children, puppy and garden but there's honestly not too much else going on in our little lives. And, focussing on the little pleasures and capturing the moments on the camera help keep me sane amidst the Groundhog dayness of it all.
I hope everyone has a happy time next week getting your little ones off to the first day of kindy/school etc. I'm not sure when school starts for you, Tammie, in the US. Is it autumn?
PS Can't get any line breaks happening in this post today. So annoying. I don't usually write in one large paragraph like this.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, the exact time varies from state to state but usually sometime between August-September. My son is half way through the school year already.

your girl looks awesome in her uniform, so grown up. :)

i wish i could be as unselfconscious as a 6 year old.

Le said...

just lovely and she was soooo excited I heard all about the uniforms on the swings yesterday - hugs babe le xoxo

CGDK said...

she's looking very grown up - and just a bit like you (I hadn't noticed how much b4). Maybe we should have a practice dress so I can take a few pics...may not fit it in on Tuesday with the rush about that no doubt awaits me....

Dee said...

She looks great. My first time prep girl has to wear the school sports uniform, bottle green pants/skorts and a green and gold monogrammed polo. I got the polo's today, and she had to try one on.
Mine like their photo taken too!

Anonymous said...

hey, i've been dying to ask...have you started twilight and if so, any thoughts?

hester said...

Thanks everyone for admiring my big girl. You can only really show off children to other mothers, I think!

Hi Tammie - Yes...I've started "the book"! I raced through the last few chapters of Charles Frazier's "Thirteen Moons" (fantastic) so I could start it yesterday. Bella hasn't met the vampire boy yet so I guess it will hot up soon. I figure I can call it research into the female teenage mind that will come in handy in 10 years time!

CGDK said...

made something for you over at posh it up