Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Not Wordsworth but Blake


After feeling philosophical upon seeing my first nasturtium seedling come up, I consulted my trusty Norton Anthology of English Literature for the poetry quote I was thinking of. I couldn't find it. A google search did find it, and it is William Blake, not William Wordsworth. (Sorry - I did them in the same semester at Uni and it was a long time ago). It is from Auguries of Innocence:


To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

1 comment:

CT said...

Oh how lovely, Heather!!! I had never read it! thank you so much. Love the photos of your garden, it is almost like it is my garden by proxy (all I have is cement and a few potted plants... ugh!)


LMAO!!! my verification word is relitypo, and I thought I had read realitypoo!!!!!! and i thought YES INDEED!!! reality sucks! well, sometimes!! LOL!